Thursday, August 23, 2012

about that whole "paying attention" thing

I finished the moon bracelet, and while I'm waiting for some other materials to arrive to put into another competition piece, I decided to whip up another piece using those amethyst cabs I got back in July

I got these all laid out, but there are a few other things I need to get to finish it up, so I drug out the catalog from Fire Mountain Gems, which is where I get a lot of the seed beads, threads and clasps that I use in my pieces


 this catalog (cover shown at the left) arrived back in January (or there about), and I've used it to order a lot of things since then

but since it is a very thick catalog (1322 pages to be exact), I hadn't looked at every page

so I was real surprised when I just happened to turn to page 176 (shown there at the right) and there was the piece of jewelry I entered in on of their competitions last year!

Hey!  that's cool!

more goodies from the garden

yesterday after the mowing of both lawns, I picked

the peppers/chilis are still doing really well -- and the tomatoes seem to finally be producing

we also have 2 little eggplants and several pumpkins

it has been a weird gardening season, but we are going to get something out of it



I've been working on the "Project that can not be named", and I'm happy to report that is coming along nicely -- and that it is starting to feel like one of those "did I do that?" pieces --- can't wait for the unveiling when I'll be able to share the pictures with you

time to get busy --- my "desk" is piled up with paperwork that needs to be sorted, filed, recorded --- the usual paperwork side of running an art business and a household


1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh how cool. Your piece was THE piece to showcase what their stuff can be. Very cool!