Saturday, August 11, 2012

thinking cool thoughts

it's August

it's hot

so of course I'm working on -- SNOWMEN?

since I unearthed these while I was going through some other stuff and getting rid of things, I decided I should actually finish them

the little picture on the right is a close up of one of them -- each of them has a little orange "carrot" nose and the "ear muffs" have been painted on each one in different colors

last night I started knitting the first of the little hats to go on these

the beading continues on the moon piece

now that the beading from the left side has moved far enough to touch the center moon I'll be moving to the far right hand side and repeating the process until the beads reach the full moon from that side

this piece has largely been a "happening", as I had no real clear picture in my head of what it would look like when finished

and so far I really like the whole look

yesterday I spent some time working in the bedroom I'm painting --- in a room with this much "trim" (around doors, windows, baseboards and chair rails), it takes almost more time to tape everything than it does to paint!  I hope to get the second color on soon

time to get moving


No comments: