Wednesday, August 15, 2012

smoke again

yesterday morning I attended a meeting of a local quilt group that calls itself Batts and Pieces

this year we've been working on a sampler quilt of 12 1/2 inch blocks, and I freely admit that I'm WAY far behind on my blocks (I have all of one finished) because I've missed several meetings

yesterday, however, the group was going to be working on a quilt for one of the members that lost her home in the Waldo Canyon fire

and I have to say that as I was driving to the meeting, I was headed right toward the burn scar, and since there are big fires to the west of us in other states, the smoke blowing in was uncomfortably like being back in the time of our own fire
even with a serious project at hand to be worked on, we took time for show and tell

this piece was created by Mauna Proctor -- and I love it!

and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her work in the future

meantime, I put together a dozen blocks for the quilt we are building -- and we have about half of the blocks for a queen size quilt stitched as several of us worked yesterday


 

the edges have met the middle
so now it's on to filling in above and below the full moon

and I've already located the navy blue leather for the back of it



one more hat

this one is for the snowman with the brown earmuffs

the scarf got started last night

 cool




lots of projects to get done today -- and I have a meeting this evening with the group that's doing the "Project which can not be named" --

time to get moving

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Please give my thanks to all, including you, who are reaching out with your work to those who have lost so much.