Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Catching up after a busy weekend

remember I said I was headed to a quilt show?

I'm fortunate that my daughter lives only about half an hour away from the venue that the Hoffman Challenge quilts are hung as a group for the first time

and that show was last Friday, Saturday and Sunday

here is my quilt, hanging in the show

so amazing!







and since we were there, and my daughter and son-in-law's anniversary was on Saturday, we volunteered to watch Mr Cute so they could go out for the evening

he's getting to be such a big boy! 

and watching him was a pleasure

so sweet to have him snuggle in my lap for reading of books, then he says "nie, nie" and goes up the stairs and crawls into his bed to be covered and kissed goodnight








evenings at my daughter's gave me a chance to get almost all of the rest of the hats and scarves for the wood snowmen knit

these are pretty neat --- but I have decided that all of these hats need pompoms on top, so I'll be fiddling with that part soon


I also worked on the "project which can not be named" while I was there

and my daughter and I did some shopping, so I came home with a whole stack of sewing machine projects!








 time in the van up and back meant that I finished this afghan square and have another one half done

we're getting very close to having a box full ready to be mailed







beading complete!

today I'll be working on putting this on to the backing  and figuring out the toggle clasp




of course now that we're home again there's lots of other work to be done, so I've got laundry to finish today before I start into some of those projects

No comments: