Tuesday, August 07, 2012

what's wrong with this picture?

I should be showing you this quilt all complete in this morning's pictures

after all, the quilting is done

and the binding is done

but somehow when I stitched the sleeve on, the piece would have had to hang this way

something is not quite right about that

and now you see why I don't usually work in a square format!

 one of the beading groups I belong to has a challenge running right now called "Lunar Obsession"

I made these polymer clay moon faces quite a while ago with the idea of creating a big bib style necklace from them, but that was as far as it got

this challenge seems like a good place to revisit them

this will be a bracelet -- which means I should be able to get it finished by the deadline, which is September 5


something new is being worked on

this piece has been through several permutations already

this one is the best arrangement

what you can't see in this photo is the "ghost house" that is painted on the black layer

after I get this stitched and can hang it with the light coming through that will be visible through the flames

now I just have to figure out how to stitch it


this morning we need to mow both lawns, and we want to get it done before it gets back into the 90s that we are supposed to have today --- time to get to that

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Hoping for better weather for you--and may all the fires be of fabric.