Sunday, August 26, 2012

Every once in a Blue Moon

things come together and I actually finish a piece for a competition and it falls in line with the cosmos

this month (August, 2012) we will actually have a Blue Moon -- that second full moon in a single month, that doesn't happen very often (we won't see another one until July, 2015)

this piece of jewelry was made for the August challenge of the Etsy Bead Weavers group -- when voting opens I'll post the link, but since I finally got it listed in my Etsy shop today, I thought I'd at least show you all a picture and let you know I finished it!

 I finally finished the bezels around the other two stones, so now I can start doing the "field" around it



looking good



sometime in the last couple of days I've done something that my lower back is not happy with --- this particular pain is a familiar (and unwelcome) one, so I'm back in the cycle of ice/heat and taking ibuprofen  trying to get it under control --- grrrr

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I like how the beading swirls echo Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night. (Cue the Don McClean.)