Sunday, September 09, 2012

another opening, another show

yesterday was the opening reception for this show
that I have two pieces of work hanging in

 located in the TACtile Arts Center of the Rocky Mountain Region, it is the first juried SAQA show that my work has been accepted to, and it was pretty exciting to be accepted

we also had a regional SAQA meeting in the same location yesterday, and it was pretty great to get to "hob nob" with other "art quilt wizards"

our trip back from Denver included my making my first ever 911 call on my cell phone -- as we went on to the highway there was a car ahead of us that was weaving across all five lanes of traffic, so I called to try to get police to get to him before he hit anyone --- a few miles down the road I got to call again as he had taken out two other cars and run head on into the retaining wall --- pretty sad

even after being gone most of the day, I still came home and worked on this piece

TA DA!

all finished

tomorrow I'll get it listed on my Etsy store

so now it's on to the Chocolate Cherry piece

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Yow! I'm so sorry--and thank you so much for trying to get the cops there in time; if nothing else, you made it so the responders were there a lot faster than they would have been.

Congratulations on getting into that show!