Sunday, September 16, 2012

witchy doin's


I had been using a spool of black thread that was ANCIENT to do the hand stitching of the binding when I started

and it was not going well

I decided that my time was worth something too, so I bought a new spool of black quilting thread and threw the rest of that old one away!

 (and I admit, that felt really liberating!!!)

the binding on the second one of these is now pinned and ready for stitching -- which I'm sure will take a lot less time

at last, something that is beginning to resemble what the finished piece will look like

yesterday I finished bezeling those pear shaped crystals, then got this all laid out

the original drawing included 4 more pieces of glass (2 more of those ovals and 2 more of the small rounds), but because I'm going to put this on a metal cuff blank, some minor adjustments were needed since these glass pieces don't "bend" and that metal cuff blank is curved where those would have been

 the more I work on this, the better I like it

I'm still chugging along on the charity auction --- getting very anxious to be done with it --- I have lots of other things I want to get on with!


1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Okay, now I get the idea a lot better on the rubyreds. Cool! There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home... (I actually mean the shaping of the overall piece, but hey.)