Saturday, September 08, 2012

beads and webs

these things always look a lot messier before they look good

the work of creating the chain for this is almost finished

at this stage I've tied off the ends of the beaded tubes with surgeon's knots and dropped Fray Check on the knots

next step is to attach all the pieces together

and then it will be on to the fringing

I'm thinking that the the fringe will run along that edge that is the "sparkle" beads there at the bottom edge






success!

the web stitching on one of these is finished, and the second one is almost done

and I think I'll be using the patch work that I was going to use as the front and rejected as the back

just need to finish the web stitching on the second one then the sandwiches can be put together

and I'm so happy with how well this work on the machine has gone that I'm thinking about machine quilting these too

WOW!  that is a total switch

we'll see how that all goes

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Now I've got "Witchy woman, see how high she flies" running through my head.