Friday, September 21, 2012

the tailor at work

when I was visiting my daughter she asked me if I could make her a pair of dress pants

she had not been able to find a pair that fit her at a price she could afford

so we made a trip to the fabric store and we did a test run with a cotton fabric (I used an old sheet) to make the adjustments

yesterday I finished the real thing

Ta Da!

I'm thinking I'll be making more of these in the future for her

and I'm considering using the master pattern to make a custom pair for myself --- but I have a couple of projects to finish first!



after some time on the auction work and some more time on cleaning out old "stuff" I got to work on this project some more

I really like the way this is coming together



work continues on the "project that can not be named" -- I've almost finished the sewing the last pieces down which means I'll be moving on to the painting next

today's work will include a trip to the grocery store and the pharmacy, then back to the auction work and the cleaning before I can get back into the studio

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Lucky daughter!

I used to sew a lot when my kids were babies, and at one point I got this idea that I was going to sew my husband pants, and maybe even a suit. Only, I was doing corduroy for the pants (the supposed first pair) and trying to slit the back pocket open after sewing, with at least three layers going on--it finally gave way and the scissors cut the tip of my finger mostly off. I got it sewed back on at the doctor's but I'd severed the nerve and never felt anything in it again.

That was the end of my sewing pants for anyone ever. You're a brave soul!