Thursday, September 06, 2012

Back into the project groove

now that Mr Cute is old enough to have a little pillow in his bed, I thought it would be nice if he had some cute pillow cases made just for him

over the weekend I picked up fabric with his favorite things printed on them -- choo choos and tactors!

 it took no time at all to whip these up





 the "chain" for this piece is coming right along

it took me a while to figure out how to make the little "branches" that will attach to the medallion part, but I'm liking the look of it now that I've done that








and then there is this project

 now that both of the witches have been appliqued to the backgrounds, I'm ready to move to the next step

I recently got some really cool shimmery white thread, so I'm going to stitch a cobweb into the top left corner of each of these pieces

then it will be on to making the sandwich for each one and doing the quilting

 I really do like the way this is coming out



the other plan for today is to stitch up a Halloween costume for Mr Cute, and to start in on some other sewing projects that are awaiting my attention

time to get at that

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

How fun!