Wednesday, September 12, 2012

House work and studio work

first the house work --- not inside the house, but outside

since the DH had finished up the new landscaping with the stone work and the red mulch, we wanted to get the patches of grass replanted while there is time for it to take root before winter comes

for a couple of days he had been turning up the soil, adding fertilizer and preparing it for the seed

yesterday morning we put in the seed and covered it with another shallow layer of soil

turns out our timing was perfect --- this morning we have rain --- something we have not seen very much of this year

let's hope that means that seed will decide to grow!

at long last -- the finished sweater!

I've been knitting on this project for several months, and about a week ago I got to the stage that I couldn't go forward without going backward --- I didn't have enough of the pink

once again my sister was able to pull my backside out of the fire --- she had sent me the yarn in the first place, and she had more

the "squishy" envelope arrived on Monday, and I finished up the sweater last night

WHOO HOOO!


I'm still doing the (boring) prep work on a new piece of jewelry

these nine pieces of vintage ruby glass have been all bezeled

 most of these are smooth, dome top pieces -- except that one there at the top right hand side -- that is a "sugar top" piece --- sort of looks like sugar crystals on top

I have three more of the sugar top pieces to bezel, then its on to the oval and pear shaped red glass pieces

looking forward to finishing this part and getting on to the actual jewelry stitching!

yesterday was pretty productive in the studio too --- the first stitching of the bindings on the witch pieces is complete, the sleeves have been prepared, and I've started doing the hand work

and the "project that can not be named" is progressing quite well too

today's activities will include more work on the charity auction and some studio time

time for some breakfast -- and then to work!

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

Beautiful work on the yard, beautiful sweater, and yay sis! Can't wait to see what the beadwork grows up to be.

Nancy G said...

Hurray for finished sweaters! Now, if I can just get mine done. The tea dyeing of yarn failed to produce an appropriate color, so next up is some Wilson cake icing dye. (Much cheaper than trying to use coffee as a dye, given the price of coffee these days. Besides, I already have the Wilson's.)