Wednesday, December 12, 2012

a new bracelet in process

last spring, when I visited a quilt show in Denver, I bought this big button with the idea of putting it into a piece of jewelry 

since I have finished the mermaid piece and I can't yet order beads for another piece I want to do for a contest that ends in February, I decided to work on this piece for now 

 most of the bezel is complete -- this one is deeper than the normal ones to accommodate the thickness of the button 

 I think this one will be fun  

Ta Da! the drawings for the baby quilt are done -- the DH has been very busy at the drawing board!

 I've already started thinking about fabrics to use -- I hope to get this project kitted up in the next week so I can have it ready to work on over the holiday 

 (and this is where it's nice to have a fabric stash to draw out of!)  














another afghan square complete 

at this rate I'll have one more box full to mail off before the end of the year 


 today I'll be off in a meeting about a couple of quilt shows I'll be helping to stage in 2013 --- that should be an adventure!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

That buffalo has my grandson's hair. Made me laugh.