Saturday, December 15, 2012

happy birthday Mr Cute

my grandson is two years old today

two years ago today we made the mad dash north to be there with our daughter and her husband when he was born

the past two years have FLOWN by

can't wait to see him for our Christmas celebration -- and give him a big hug next weekend






 

I've been fiddling with this for a couple of days 

originally I had thought about doing this entirely as bead embroidery, but after working on that idea for a while, I decided to try something different 

 I'll be working on that some later today  










finished another afghan square yesterday evening 

one more for that box  








I took this picture this morning before the clouds came back in and the pervasive gray took over










I don't usually talk about anything but my art and family here, but this morning I feel compelled to say this:   

hug your children 
lock up your guns
pray for peace in the hearts and minds of the troubled



1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh honey, amen.

And Happy Birthday, Mr. Cute! So adorable. Looks like a beaded candy cane?