Saturday, June 26, 2010

turtle blocks and duckie feet


the second block of the quilt I'm making for my daughter's baby is complete

so cute the little smiling turtle

and I was able to get the bright yellow fabric I was looking for to set this top together, so I have no excuse for not steaming full speed ahead on this project

except that at some point I'll have to buy some more charcoal gray embroidery floss

and these are done too!

not the best of all possible pictures of them -- probably should have stuffed them with tissue paper to get a better shot

but they are cute with the little orange bills and the knit on duck tails

when I was in the store I picked up some other fabrics too --

for example this beige toned rose print

I have an idea of another wall hanging, so I'm sort of watching for these beige-y fabrics -- something that will go with a sepia toned photograph

materials for another project were purchased too, but that one is another Christmas project, so you'll just have to wait to see that one for a while!

No comments: