Monday, February 14, 2011

the cutest Valentine ever!

it came in the mail on Saturday, and its been making me smile ever since

my daughter did the lettering and drawing on the little onesie for my grandson (this by the child that says she has no art talent -- HA!)

then she took the photograph with the wicked cute background (its the back of a quilt that was given to the baby)

then she made the card (I'm thinking she used her new Xyron machine, like I did when I made my valentine cards)

really, really nice job
yesterday afternoon I finished the beading on the bracelet

the DH had been saying there wasn't enough red, but when I finished up he said "you were right, there's just enough red"

so now it's time to trim it and put the leather on the back -- oh yeah, and there's that whole toggle clasp issue to finish too

after all the black and white and gray of the bracelet and the Hoffman piece, I've been wanting to work on something with some color

this is the next project on the drawing board

it is a Hawaii scene that I'm making for a friend's sister

the color rendering just gives me a sort of visual starting point for where the colors change -- not necessarily that they'll be the colors you see here




and this piece is the pattern drawn out on freezer paper

and yes, it is a mirror image of the original drawing because the pieces will be ironed on to the back of the fabrics

these are all numbered, as are the pieces in the color sketch -- that's how I keep track of where things are supposed to go

I'm not sure when I'll actually start on the stitching of this -- I need to do some serious fabric auditioning before I start cutting pieces, and before I can do that I have to finish a couple of other in progress projects that have nothing to do with art work

(we're still taking down the Christmas tree -- too much stuff going on with babies and company and the DH's surgery for me to get to it before now!!)

finally finished the 13 rows that made up the latest section in the afghan

this was a bit complex, but I tried a more refined technique and it worked really well

the next pattern is a very simple 2 color checkerboard of 4 rows, which won't be quite so difficult!

(now if I'll just remember to use that technique again when I get to the next complex pattern)

this Christmas project is now 21% complete!!


and mittnz #7

these are a really interesting sort of heathery pink color -- and they are almost big enough for my hands

tonight I'll be starting on a pair of gray and red striped ones


for today there will be laundry and beading and quilting

and more packing up of the Christmas tree

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Wow. And your grandson is adorable!