Thursday, February 03, 2011

quilts in shows!

you may remember this piece that I was working on during the summer last year

titled "Coexist", it was done for part of the Dream Rocket project where 24 inch panels will be used to wrap a replica of a Saturn V rocket

this piece and a number of other of those panels are currently on display at the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library, 150 E. San Fernando Street, San Jose, CA

they will be there until March 1

it's especially cool to me to have my piece in this show as I lived in the San Jose area for almost 30 years

if you get a chance to go and see this (FREE) exhibit, I'd really love to have a picture of you with my piece!

and this piece, which was also created last summer, will be on display in the SAQA exhibit hanging during the

Denver National Quilt Festival VI
4/28/2011 - 5/1/2011
Denver, Colorado

on April 30 as many of us as are able will be on hand to talk to people about our work

I'm really looking forward to that!

if you are in the Denver area, mark your calendar and come and visit!

the email about this came yesterday and I'm delighted that this quilt will FINALLY be seen by more than just a small group of people

and yesterday I entered this piece for consideration to Sacred Threads

as I was taking the pictures of this piece for the entry (the preliminary judging is done based on photos submitted online) I noticed many things about it that I would do differently (or better)

it's amazing to me how much my techniques have improved

and growth is what the artistic pursuit is about -- learning new techniques, exploring new idea, creating new pieces

it's working!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

The ankh symbol is very timely, given what's going on in Egypt. I will try to get down there and go see it--got a bad cold and company coming, but let me see what I can do.