Friday, February 04, 2011

desert dreams and dharma

work continues on the desert dreams piece

there on the left side of the picture are a couple of the beaded "bell caps" I created that will go at each end of the "cords" -- this was my first really experience working with herringbone weave, and once I got the hang of it, it went pretty quick

that loopy, twirly piece of bead work is supposed to be the netting that goes around the chunk of jasper -- we'll see how it fits when I get done with the stitching -- it it doesn't work I'll be attaching the jasper to a backing and using the bead embroidery technique instead --

the box from Dharma Trading showed up on my porch yesterday afternoon

one bottle of Synthrapol, one bag of soda ash, five little jars of dye powder

at some point soon the dying of the felt hat can commence (I'll have to go out into the COLD garage and get the big canning kettle I use for these projects)


meantime, yesterday I finished up our Federal Taxes -- yippee, now on to the State and to get them all out of here


onward

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I bought a bottle of Synthrapol from them, read it, and never touched it again. Be careful for me,'k?