Saturday, February 05, 2011

two steps forward, one step back

turns out my fears about being able to securely build a net around this really large chunk of jasper were well founded

if I had a longer time period before the deadline on this piece I might try a couple more approaches to that idea, but for now I've decided to go to a technique that I've done before (because I know it works!)

here we have the piece of jasper glued down to the backing (I did the gluing last night) so today I can start in again with the building of the bezel and creating the envisioned 3D cactus around it

I'm starting to feel a little stressed about actually getting this piece finished by the deadline (which is March 1) and still feeling like it is my best work -- sometimes the work method that suits me best (having many projects going on at once) also sets up its own issues if anything beyond my control gets added to the mix

need to concentrate!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

J'espere that it will work out in a way you really like.