Saturday, February 26, 2011

real progress!

the sign is finished!

right now it looks like its just floating in the air out there, but when I do the seam down the side it will be fine

the hanger from the sign is a design I used on a quilt I made for my daughter a while back, and all I had to do was pull out the folder that had all the paperwork from that quilt and make a copy of it -- makes me happy that I keep those files!

and once the sign was done, it was time to pin the window fabric to the top

so today I hope to start attaching the panel that goes at the bottom and then the panel that goes to the left

(and I'm already starting to contemplate what sort of pattern I'll be using for the quilting)





I've been working on some designs for the redo of my website -- this was actually kind of fun!

lots more work writing html code to do, but the graphics part is fun

need a pencil?

I use regular ol' #2 pencils for sketching, writing, transferring patterns, etc., etc.

this week I found that I was down to about half a dozen 4 inch long "stubs" and decided it was time to get new pencils

my plan was to pick up a package of a dozen pencils when I was in the office supply store picking up cartridges for my printer

heh, well

a package of a dozen pencils was $2.99 -- $0.25 per pencil

this package of 72 pencils was $4.99 -- only $0.07 per pencil

now I ask you, how obvious was that?

so, I won't need to buy pencils again for a while

so today I won't have to go anywhere and I hope to get some work done on the quilt -- and there's a new beading design forming in the back of my head -- all things I can work on while I rest my back (which I threw out yesterday -- ouch)

lets hope that all works

No comments: