Friday, February 25, 2011

hoffman hat

finished the hat yesterday

after looking at it very close up for days (a lot of those petals are needle turn appliqued all around) its amazing to look at it in a photo

so now its on to attaching the sign to the "building" and starting to put the whole piece together

its sort of amazing that this is now starting to come together

I still haven't decided if I'll be adding a couple of hats to this -- one of those design "rules" is that odd numbers of items work better than even numbers -- so the question will be if one hat is enough or is there room to add 2 more without crowding the picture -- can't tell yet

and this is also one of the reasons it would be nice if I could actually draw something that really looks like the objects I have in mind -- I could do all of this design fiddling on paper first -- ah well

in the end we like the results, so I guess it's ok!

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

Now it just needs a matching cape. Tadaah! Cape hat-r-us!

Nancy G said...

Look out, it's another "groaner" from Alison! teehee

That hat is GORGEOUS! Maybe a pillbox and a cloche would be small enough to fit?