Wednesday, February 02, 2011

fusing and freezing

yesterday afternoon I finished doing the fusing part of this project

now that all of that is done, it is a lot easier to see that this is supposed to be a structure

that odd shaped white space on the left hand side is where something else goes that is a couple of layers up from this

so today I'll begin doing the stitching around each and every one of those little fused shapes with the appropriate color of thread (black, white or gray)

somehow this project has morphed into a multi-staged production -- this is Act I

as I said yesterday, it is very cold here (-21 degrees last night with a wind chill much colder than that)

this is a picture of the bottom edge of my kitchen window

the window frame is metal, and has been completely covered with frost

and all of the metal frames on the north side of the house look like this (in fact some of them look even worse)

and the furnace has been running non-stop (and we have it set only at a "balmy" 65 degrees)

our one concession has been to leave our little electric space heater in the family room running 24/7 since Monday afternoon

the big black dog that lives here would prefer to be somewhere warm sleeping

when she went out into the yard last night she came back limping after only about 3 minutes

because she is a Labrador, she is built for swimming -- there are webs between her toes that collect ice and snow in this weather -- so I used a warm towel to massage her foot

she thinks it should be a "2 people night", but for now she's just sharing the little family room love seat with me --

she's sleeping, I'm blogging

today I'm going to work on projects a bit more and just try to stay warm!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

And here I thought that white space was the Abominable Snowman, leaning over the town to ask, hey--got a snowshovel? Cause, you know, gotta clean up after the little ones, if you get my drift. No? Okay, it's snow big deal.