Tuesday, February 08, 2011

desert nighmares and the "squishy"

seems the piece that I titled "Desert Dreams" has "gone rouge" on me and turned into a nightmare instead

after considerable fiddling, fussy, stitching and ripping I've decided it's just not meant to be for this year's competition

which leaves me with 3 weeks to the deadline and nothing that I can enter this time -- and I'm really bummed about it

truth be told, I haven't really been working much on jewelry pieces except for competition pieces since I've yet to figure out how I can sell them after I make them

pppfffftttt!
when I went out to get the mail yesterday the postman had stuffed it full -- magazines, envelopes and a tyvek bundle from my sister

we send each other "squishy" packages from time to time (though truth be told, its more often she sends me one than the other way)

last week I had sent her a skein of yarn from my stash because it was the color she needed to complete a project

she sent along these goodies for me to turn into more mittnz (and those gray balls? -- ALPACA -- oh yummy knitting!!)
and this is mittnz pair number 6 for this year

this was another pair made of odds and ends of yarn pieces, thus the strip pattern

they were pretty fun to knit actually, just took a bit longer than usual in the weave in stage


work on the afghan continues -- on Sunday evening I had done the first row of the new pattern section and last night I got about half way across row two and discovered an error in row one, so both of them made a quick visit to the frog pond -- we'll begin again today

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Gone rouge. I love the pun! No wonder that ball is so red--well done!