Friday, February 18, 2011

One competition piece complete!

finished putting this all together yesterday afternoon

and I'm pretty pleased with how it came out

this morning I took a bunch of pictures with the camera -- which I didn't like, and did this one in the scanner -- and it is the one I'm using for the submission

so I'll be sending this off to Grant's Pass, Oregon, to Fire Mountain Gems for the seed bead competition

the straps for the red hand bag are finally done

I know, you thought this project had either been shelved or finished and no pictures taken -- but not true!

because I was totally frustrated by the quilt project yesterday (shall we say I'm in the process of re-designing), I worked on the hand bag

stitching by hand gives my brain time to work on other projects

(and yes, I have some ideas to translate to the quilt that I'll be working with today)



another pair of mittnz completed last night

these are the small size and this particular yarn is so nice to knit with

only 3 more pair to knit for the 2011 goal


yesterday, while I was just puttering around doing the tidying up after removing all of the Christmas stuff I pulled out some alpaca yarn and a pattern that will be the first piece I make this year with the idea of trying to sell it -- a hat of this style sold at the Lambspun Holiday show last year, and I'm hoping for a similar good result this year

moving along!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I love it. I'm somewhere between Piet Mondrian and Frank Lloyd Wright's stained glass with it; love it.