Sunday, February 06, 2011

the easy part we do first

the rest of this project -- who knows!

it took a little while, but I got the entire bezel built around the stone -- 3 rows of size 11 beads and 1 row of size 15 beads

so now I need to figure out how to do the next part

this stone is fairly thick (usually a bezel only needs 2 rows of size 11 beads), so just stitching flat cactus on the backing is just not what I see as how the finished piece will look -- need to figure out how to have them be on the same level with the stone -- or higher

the Christmas afghan is now 15% complete --

moving right along!


that last pattern, which was only 3 rows went pretty well -- spent almost as much time keeping the balls of yarn from tying themselves in knots as I did actually working the pattern!

the next pattern section looks like a checker board, only 2 colors, so it will go a little faster





I think the dog has it right

this morning I've already been out and shoveled about 3 inches of snow off the sidewalks in the front (I decided I'm not shoveling the whole driveway unless I absolutely have to), so now it's snowing again -- figures

and it was one of those nights where I was awakened about every 2 hours, so the chances of anything requiring any coherent thought getting done today are pretty slim (did that sentence even make sense?)

plodding along

No comments: