Saturday, February 19, 2011

a new design

after spending a lot of time yesterday fiddling with the Hoffman piece, I think I've come up with a modified and doable design

I had to make a choice between creating a new background (all those little black and white and gray pieces all over again!) or changing the design around it

since I was not totally sold on the original hat having enough flowers on it, it just seemed like the right thing to do to create a new hat

so now we have a curtain on the left side of the window and a table right up to the window with the hat on its hat stand (which will have to be made longer)

and I think I've figured out the sign outside the window too --- we'll see how that works

but at least for now I have a renewed confidence in the piece
the Christmas afghan is now 26% complete

moving right along


and while I was mentally fussing with the Hoffman piece I started working on that hat that I'm making with the intention of offering it for sale if it comes out well -- so far it looks pretty good


yesterday I discovered that I could enter the competition with the beaded piece all on line -- so instead of having to make a run to the post office to get the envelope in the mail I just sat at my little computer and sent it in (love being able to do that with things that are judged from pictures first) we'll see how that does

so it's now on to the next idea!

No comments: