Saturday, December 10, 2011

after being the social butterfly

wow, I got a good reminder yesterday of why I want to stay in both of the quilt groups I'm a member of -- we had a great time at the luncheon, good food, great conversation and by the end of the gathering we had decided on a theme for next year's projects, selected a new group "president", changed our meeting day (to one I might actually get to go to a lot more often) and figured out who is "teaching" or "sharing a technique" in 6 of the 12 months -- now THAT is a great meeting

we also did show and tell (many things in photos because the actual items had already been gifted to someone) and talked about finding a local charity to donate pieces to

even being gone for 5 hours didn't deter me from finishing one of the super secret Christmas projects that's been being worked on! Yippee!!

and I put something new on the sticks after that -- I really love this yarn -- it's a sock yarn that has a great caramel/cinnamon/coffee colorway and will be quite appropriate for the project I'm knitting it into

after finishing the last project, where I was knitting on size 1 needles, these size 4s feel positively gigantic! it didn't take long to get this much done on this, however

today I hope to get that dinosaur stitched up so I can finish it and get on to the blanket sleeper and the cutting of the "mat" for the trees project

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh, that's pretty! I was knitting plain beige yesterday and trying not to be bored. (Which is part of how I got that mink frogged and reknitted--it was in a pretty color and I was getting desperate.)

But the variegation and depth in those colors is what I was wishing my first project was yesterday.