Friday, December 30, 2011

what Santa brought and new projects

Mr Cute and his grandpa are having a serious discussion here about what might be under the Christmas tree for them to investigate

this was taken Christmas morning right after breakfast and just before we started tearing into the packages








this was the "big" present for me this year --

the camera I had been using was two years old and I had taken almost 5500 photos with it

it still worked well, but this beauty has more mega pixels and some very cool built in settings -- including the one that lets you take a picture and it looks like a pencil drawing (yup, that's a PHOTO of my laptop computer) --- I can see lots of quilting design uses for that feature

of course this means I'll be spending some time learning how to use all of this new technology

my sister gave me a copy of a book I had wanted for a couple of years -- Lyric Kinard's Art+Quilt

she wrapped it in fabric so it didn't rattle in the box

24 fat quarters of amazing fabric to be exact

OH WOW!

I've already been thinking about new things to create with this stuff

one of the things my daughter asked me to do for her is to make her an apron that she can wear to do messy projects

since I had made myself one of these a while back, I already owned the pattern

she picked this fabric

so I'll be cutting into this stuff soon -- maybe even this afternoon



and let the 2012 Christmas projects begin!

when we were in the fabric store looking for apron fabric, they had marked this fabric down

and it's flannel

it's been through the washer already and it's stashed away to be made into pjs a little later in the year



time to get busy

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

You know he really is one of the cutest babies ever. I love that shot with his grandpa.

And that camera sounds like the most perfect one for your work.