Thursday, December 01, 2011

a comedy of errors

yesterday was quite a comedy of errors

I had made arrangements to move my art work from one facility to another -- the plan was to take it down in one location at noon and put it up in the second facility at 3 -- this had all been arranged (or so I thought) by phone conversation and email

the take down went well -- we arrived at the appointed time, had a nice conversation with the ladies that work in that branch and took down the quilts

the hanging at 3 -- eh, not so much -- seems the coordinator had told me the room was reserved for me, but it never got on the schedule and someone else was in there -- and it was all scheduled out until 9 last night according to the folks that were actually there

this morning its snowing and cold and the temperature high for the day has already happened -- it will only get colder as the day goes on -- we knew this was coming which was why I wanted to do both parts of that yesterday

I'm waiting now to hear from the coordinator so we can try this again -- but it won't be today

the whole running around taking art down and trying to put it up again cut into the studio time

but I did get the yellow leaves onto the fall tree -- and a couple of them under the tree too


the two knitting projects that are on the sticks are also progressing nicely

moving slowly toward Christmas!








from one year to another we put up one tree or nearly a dozen or somewhere in between

this year we'll have two

and this

these little ephemera houses are one of my first clear Christmas memories -- they were my grandmother's and she would put them on the top corner of the piano every year

a couple of years ago my mother passed them on to me

this year they are on a little table in the family room where I will also be setting up the feather tree with all it's tiny ornaments

the newspaper that we get every day has asked for readers to submit photos of an ornament that means something special to them -- I'm thinking about sending them these

today will be a stay in the house day -- I'll be working on Christmas projects and those other things that I have deadlines for

time to have breakfast and get busy

No comments: