Tuesday, December 20, 2011

home again

last weekend we went to visit with our daughter and to be there for the first birthday of Mr Cute

here he is with his daddy

they are examining one of the toys that he got at his very well attended birthday party

lots of "grandmas" in attendance and you know how great grandmas are at spoiling little boys



my daughter and I had planned to do some projects on Sunday, but unfortunately I woke up on Sunday morning feeling like I had swallowed a ball of fire and spent most of the day huddled up in a quilt sipping flat soda --- BLEAH!


we came home yesterday -- getting safely home before a snow storm dumped 6 inches of snow on our area

between more napping in my chair, I did manage to finish the cup cozies I had been working on -- the knitting was completed over the weekend, but I had forgotten to take a small enough needle to be able to sew on the buttons

(ok, DUH!)

I'm pleased with these, and I hope the intended recipients like them too



a little bit of work done on the bracelet yesterday

if things go well I should get the bead work done this week

time to go through the box of leather and upholstery velvet and see what I have to use on the back of this

last week I frogged the scarf I had been knitting and started again

I like the way the revised scarf is looking

the old yarn and the new yarn as knit up are a perfect match


today I'm doing the usual Monday laundry and hoping to get some work done on the rocking chair and a couple of other projects -- we'll see how that all goes -- depends on when I run out of energy and need to nap again

No comments: