Friday, December 09, 2011

glory in the morning

here in the mountains we get what is called a "wave cloud" off of the mountains from time to time

when we were at our daughter's at Thanksgiving we had one of those mornings when the clouds and the sun coming up all came together to create an amazing blaze of color

I grabbed the camera and started snapping photos -- I have a file of this kind of pictures that I keep to use for future inspiration in making art quilts
Mr. Cute was up too

he came over to the door and stood looking up at me as if he was asking "what are you doing grandma?"

couldn't resist snapping this picture of him bathed in the fiery light of an awesome sunrise

I love this picture!




last night was the Christmas party of the evening quilt group that I belong to

at each place on the tables was one of these cool coasters -- of course, being that everyone at the table is a "stitcher", we right away set to "reverse engineering" them

ok, I can whip up some of these in no time if someone wants some (and yes, other fabrics beside Christmas prints will work too!)

and in keeping with the wearing of my "social butterfly" wings, today is the Christmas luncheon for my other local quilt group, so I'll be heading off (spinach orange salad in hand) to join the ladies for a purely social meeting -- no projects, just good food, show and tell and talking about what we plan to do next year -- it should be fun

guess I need to get something done before it's time to leave!

No comments: