Friday, December 16, 2011

another new project for Christmas

this is what happens when I get the shopping and wrapping finished early

I find a whole new way to create a deadline for myself

a while ago my daughter had asked if the rocking chair she had as a child was still hanging around (seriously child, does your mother EVER throw anything away?)

so I told her yes, it was still here, and yes, it could come to her house for Mr Cute

yesterday I decided that I would clean it up a bit before putting it in the car to take to him

except the more I tried to clean the more issues I found and before long I was pulling out the needle nose pliers and a screw driver and the tubs of fabric to see if I had a fabric that I could use to recover it

once I got all of the cover off the chair, I decided to go ahead and re-glue the arms since they were a little wobbly --

ok, this won't be going to Mr Cute for this weekend's festivities, but it will go next weekend -- I can do the re-upholstery job on Tuesday, and I found a really sturdy deep green corduroy fabric to use on it
work continues on the bracelet

moving right along


and there was knitting last night -- two rows on the newly cast on scarf (the equivalent of 1200 stitches!!) it sounds more extreme when you knit the rows sideways, but actually it would be about the same number of stitches if it was knit the other way -- there would just be more rows!

time to go pack the car

1 comment:

Shonette said...

I just love all the energy you have! Good luck with the chair and your projects , Happy Holidays :)