Saturday, December 03, 2011

humming along

we finished decorating the second tree that we'll have up this year

this is a small tree (originally it was one that we bought for our daughter to have in her room)

over the years we've acquired ornaments that are very Eastern European in flavor -- hand painted matryoshka dolls, icon style angels, pysanky eggs -- enough that we put those on this little tree

we call it the Russian tree -- not quite accurate, but it does identify the box labels!

it looks pretty good






yesterday afternoon I finally got the quilts hung in the Ruth Holley Branch of the Pikes Peak Library District

it will hang there until January 2

pretty amazing to me







these are now ready to be put together

I've decided to put them all together in one piece, but I'm going to do it so it looks like four individual prints in a single frame

looks like I'll be prowling through the fabric bins to find the appropriate fabric for the "mat" -- and hoping I have something that will work

the sewing machine was humming yesterday afternoon!

did the stitching of all 3 of these pj pants

just one more sewing project that needs to be finished before Christmas (at least that's all I know about right now!)


this morning it is cold and snowing -- makes me really happy that we did the needed shopping right after we finished hanging the art, so we can just hang out here and stay warm

the kitchen is being warmed by the cooking of more of the pumpkins -- 2 are in the oven now and there are 2 more to cook after that -- and it smells good too

work to do on other projects -- time to get there

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I do so like those trees. Cute pants!