Saturday, December 24, 2011

new quilt design and working on my sweater

as I mentioned a couple of days ago, I needed to design a new baby quilt for a little boy

so Thursday afternoon I spent some time with pencil and paper and worked on some simple line drawings

this little dinosaur will be the center block of the piece

I'm working on drawings of four more for smaller corner blocks

and I'm wondering if I'll be able to find a fabric for the back that has dinosaurs on it -- have to start looking

this should be a fun quilt to do and it shouldn't take too long to do



I've been knitting on pieces for the sweater I'm making for myself

I have knit two of these circles that go on the sides -- two more of those to go -- the second one I knit up in one evening




since it is Christmas Eve my daughter and I got up early and made a very quick trip to the grocery store to pick up last minute items that we will need for tomorrow's celebration

since we returned we have made an angel food cake and a batch of fudge (having decided that the one batch that was made yesterday wasn't enough) -- we still have a pumpkin pie to bake and then put together the sweet rolls for tomorrow morning's breakfast -- we're on a roll

looking forward to a visit from Santa

No comments: