Thursday, December 22, 2011

Santa's workshop project complete

looking very good!

yesterday afternoon I finished the cushion for the back of the chair and tied it on

I'm real pleased with how this came out -- it hardly looks like the same chair

amazing with a good scrubbing and some new fabric can do for a used piece of furniture

ready for the sleigh!

this project is complete too

this is a very long "belt" type item that was requested by my sister for my nephew to go with the robe I made him a while back

fortunately I had on hand plenty of the scrap fabric from that project to do this for him

hope it does what he needs



and I finished the edge of the bracelet

so now this just needs to wait for a day with a bit more sunshine so I can do the official "photo shoot" to get pictures to enter it in the challenge

this was a fun project and didn't take near as long as I thought it would, so I'm happy to say I have 10 days to get those photos taken and the entry done on line

yippee!!




since I was whipping through those projects so well I thought it would be fun to go ahead and start on the sweater I'm making for myself

and here is the beginning

I know, it doesn't look much like the usual approach to making a sweater, but I have learned to trust the professional pattern writers, so I'm willing to play along here


and yesterday I learned that I have another baby quilt that I need to make -- my step daughter's oldest girl will have her third child (a boy) sometime the end of March or the beginning of April -- wow!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Congratulations to her on the coming new baby!