Thursday, December 29, 2011

the post Christmas "Reveal"

during the year as I worked on Christmas presents, I couldn't always put them out here on my blog -- part of my family actually reads this thing pretty regularly!

now that all those presents have been given to the intended recipients, I can talk about them here

this is the first lace shawl I ever knit (and at this point the only one, but I'm not ruling out doing another one at some point!)

it went to my sister -- who was totally surprised by it

I'm glad she liked it









for ten years now I've been knitting my daughter a sweater every year for Christmas

this one was this year's

this yarn was wonderful to work with

the pattern made me nuts because I had to make major changes to the sleeves and the hood because the pattern as written called for both of those to be way too short

she's already been wearing this -- I'm pleased that she liked it






behold the winged monkey

my daughter from time to time threatens to call out her winged monkeys at work

now she actually has one

this is the same pattern I used for the soft toy I made for Mr Cute earlier in the year, knit with finer yarn and smaller needles

and instead of stuffing the arms and legs I put a fat chenille stick in them so he's also poseable

this was a fun project











and then there is the pillow

when my daughter was in high school, she was part of the annual Pops concerts -- which were staged like a full scale Broadway review

her senior year one of the segments was Jekyll and Hyde
they all had t shirts that they wore for that segment

I made the t shirt into a pillow for her




we got home yesterday afternoon, and I've been busy putting things away and doing laundry and trying to get back into the routine

tomorrow I'll try to show you some of the pictures from Christmas and tell you about what Santa brought me

this morning I need to get over and get some groceries!

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

Cooooool!!! (And it hit us when our littlest was four months old what we'd done to him. A nickname for John is... Yup. Got the L middle initial to go with it.)

Julie Goucher said...

Love the cardigan. What patten did you use?