Tuesday, December 13, 2011

works in progress

every morning before I start writing a new post here, I look at any comments that have been made on the post from the day before

this morning it was a good thing I didn't have my mouth full of anything liquid -- Alison's comment had me -- go take a look if you want a great laugh! -- and thank you Alison, that was awesome

one of the groups that I belong to on Etsy is a group of bead embroiderers (click here to take a look at their page)

right now there is a Winter Wonderland challenge going on there

I didn't really intend to do anything for this one, too much else going on, etc, etc, except that a couple of ideas just popped into my head over the weekend, so I guess I'm doing this after all

started stitching on this yesterday

I think I can get it finished by Dec 31, even with Christmas and birthday parties between now and then

worked on this piece again last night

all of the vertical stripping has been installed, so today it's on to the horizontal strips that go all across the top and the bottom

since the actual quilting is getting close, I'm thinking about how I'm going to do that -- probably pretty heavy quilting in the sky sections so the trees pop up from the surface --

and progress being made on the next knitting project

these are small "quickie" projects, and they're going really well


yesterday the last of the Christmas presents that were on order arrived and I got them into paper -- hoping to get everything else finished today -- oh yes, and the glittering of the Christmas cards is moving right along too -- looking good, looking good

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I've liked that SO! like it assembled like that. Gorgeous!

And thank you, I'm glad you got a good laugh out of that.