Thursday, December 15, 2011

beginning again and continued work

a couple of weeks ago I started knitting on this scarf

it's knit from side to side, so there were 250 stitches there, and it's worked in linen stitch which really makes each row feel more like 500 stitches

I got it this far and discovered that I didn't have enough of the white yarn to finish it

yesterday I made the trip to my favorite local yarn shop to see if I could find another skein of mostly alpaca white sock yarn

success! so last night I rolled that new skein into a ball, and I frogged the entire scarf -- the new one (which I cast on last night) will be longer -- as in 300 stitches -- and all white -- I will be alternating the two balls of yarn across the scarf just in case there is some minor difference in how the two slightly different yarns work up -- and the tan that I was using as an accent in the original will be used in another project (which I'm already thinking about)

while I was in there I made an appointment for next Wednesday morning to go an use their drum carder to card up a bunch of the Jacob's Sheep fleece that I have in a box -- I'm sort of stock piling some projects for after Christmas when I won't be able to be out and about quite so much

on the way back we made a stop in our local Bed Bath & Beyond -- my meat thermometer went belly up a while back, and with the coming roasting of prime rib for Christmas being just around the corner, I needed to replace it

in the past few weeks I had received multiple flyers with coupons on them from this store, and because I wasn't sure if I would need them for any Christmas shopping, I had clipped them and put them in my purse just in case

once we had picked up what we were going to buy, I pulled one of the coupons for our use then walked around the store looking for other shoppers -- asking each one "do you have a coupon?" until I found hands to put all of the extra ones into, wishing each one a Merry Christmas in the exchange

I'll tell ya, that was FUN!!
more work got done on the ice bracelet yesterday afternoon

the beading on it is about half finished now, and I'm really liking the way it's coming out



the top and bottom strips are now stitched to this

the "mat" around the pictures all in place

today I hope to get it all sandwiched together so I can start doing the quilting

my plan is to use a narrow dark binding on this that will look like the "frame"

and the second one of these is ready for the finishing

one more to do





a year ago today we were wildly throwing things in a bag and heading out the door to be with our daughter as our little grandson was born

and here is the little man now

no longer a baby -- a toddler for sure -- and Mr Cute has definitely claimed our hearts

Happy Birthday to the Mr Cute and a big pat on the back to my daughter and her hubbie for the great job they are doing with him

Enjoy the day kids!

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

I love playing coupon fairy, it's so much fun!

AlisonH said...

So *cute*!