Friday, June 28, 2013

a bit 'o beading

the gusset has been attached on one side

I'm using the same technique that I use when I edge a bracelet, but because the base of this piece was a thicker piece of felt I needed to use 3 beads over the edge

and when I figured that out, I decided I might as well use it as a design feature and use a red bead in the center of the edge

I like it!

still need to attach the back to the gusset using the same technique, then stitch this to the frame and put in the lining


 and here we have the first version of the next beaded piece

the theme here is "sea adventure", so I decided to use one of the dolphin resin cameos that I got recently

the plan is to have another sea horse running the other way to create a total frame around the cameo

there will be more drawing (dragging out the tracing paper so I can have the sea horses match) and then the selection of materials

cool

 I have not been doing a lot of knitting this week

a couple of evenings I have worked on the Christmas project (which is progressing VERY slowly), but somehow when it's hot I just don't feel like knitting

I did finish an afghan square yesterday afternoon while I was talking to my daughter on the phone



today marks one week since the surgery on the dog's knee -- she is not happy about the enforced restriction of her activities, but she is doing really well  -- starting tomorrow we will be taking longer walks out of our own yard -- that should help!

time to get to those projects!


1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Cool! And again, cool! And good doggy.