Sunday, June 09, 2013

back to the dragonflies

now that the quilting of the peacock is finished, I spent some time yesterday doing some quilting on this piece

in fact, all of the detail of the dragonflies is complete, only the background left to do

in terms of the peacock, I'm working my way around the facing, got about half way done last night, then I just need to add the sleeve and the label --- this piece will be finished this week!  Yippee!!

I decided that it would be a good idea to put a small line around the edge of the first rose where it could just blend in with the others

I selected some little bronze beads --- and I do mean LITTLE --- these are smaller than the size 15s that are available now days --- probably a size 17 and they are hex cuts  --- they came out of those vintage beads my mother gave me a while back --- and they are perfect for this purpose

moving right along! 

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Roses are read, dragonflies feat, love what you're working on, it's always creative and well done unlike this poem that can't cram all my thoughts into one good rhyming word that could do your talents justice.