Sunday, March 07, 2010

going swimmingly, thank you

finished the rest of the quilting on the fishy last night

I wanted the fish to "stand out" against the background, so I did minimal quilting on the fish and pretty close quilting on the background - which kind of "mashes" it and gives it some interesting texture

next step is to dig through the boxes of beads to find some embellishments, and I need to put a binding around the edge and a sleeve on the back for hanging

(just keep swimming, swimming)
finished this in the car yesterday

we went to the gem show and I picked up just a couple of things to use in some projects

(what I was actually looking for, however, was no where to be found -- figures!)


and finally, an announcement -- sometime this week I will be writing my 1000th (!) blog post

in honor of this auspicious occasion, I will be doing a give away

be sure to check back to enter!!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Just the colors make the fish stand out--that is absolutely gorgeous!