Friday, March 26, 2010

turtle quilts and yarn pools and snow shovels

ta da!

the quilting on the turtle quilt is complete and it has been trimmed (and yes, I know, this is NOT a good picture of anything except the trimming)

today I hope to get the binding stitched to the back so I can work on the handwork over the weekend -- then I promise a better picture!

I'm working on a new pair of mittnz

this yarn has the most unusual colorway I've ever seen

for one, I would not have thought of running from pale tan through dark brown through a navy to a teal

and it pools in strange ways too

they are going to be nice mittnz though


another afghan square complete -- and this picture is the evidence that I have my scanner working again!!

for this last little while I've been taking a picture with my camera, but that doesn't give you the same depth of the knitting stitches that the scanner does

I'm happy to have this ability back






now you're probably asking -- what is that?

well, this is all that is left of our snow shovel

while the DH was shoveling the 7 inches of heavy wet spring snow out of the driveway a couple of days ago, the plastic scoop part broke

he put it in the recycle bin

I guess we can't complain too loudly, we bought it back in January of 2002 when we moved into the house, and it has been standing on the front porch through heat of summer and cold of winter ever since, and well, plastic does get brittle

the sad part is that the hardware stores here seem to think that winter is over (I know the CALENDAR says it is), but we're supposed to get slammed with another heavy wet snow again tonight

guess I'll be out searching for a new shovel today

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

You can have mine! Granted, it's been sitting out for 23 years unused, and the kids used it for a garden shovel once because they couldn't figure out what else to do with it, and hey, it was there.

We met our neighbor across the street when he strolled over, after the moving van left, to introduce himself by way of, "I saw them taking a snow shovel off the truck. What do you think you're going to need THAT for!"