Thursday, March 25, 2010

wherein I get to cancel a debit card

Call me a fanatic.

Partly because we live on such a tight budget, I check the balances in my bank accounts and in my PayPal account at least 3 times a week

This morning I was doing that when I discovered 2 charges on my PayPal debit card that I did not recognize

I did some research

Let me tell you, I am not now, nor have I ever been, in Florida, which is where both of these charges originated

Two separate companies, both in Florida, interestingly enough with the same (invalid) phone number listed on their websites

I called PayPal

They cancelled the card which will put an instant stop to any other attempts to run fraudulent charges against it

So now I get to wait for the new card to arrive, and I will have to do the whole dispute on a transaction thing with both of them

Fortunately this card was not connected to my bank account, so the amount they would be able to steal is relatively small potatoes by most accounts, but it really ticks me off anyway

So, now go check on all of YOUR accounts

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Thank you for the heads up! Sorry you had to go through that, and glad you found out so fast.

Check your phone bill too--I got slammed and fraudulent charges added by companies I'd never heard of.