Wednesday, July 21, 2010

gardens of many sorts

the quilting is officially finished on the Wild About Flowers piece

and here in this picture I've pinned on the piping at the edge, so it's ready for the basting

and I need to cut the binding, which will serve as the "frame"

I decided last night after fiddling with the frame fabric around the edge of this that I'm going to do a 2 inch binding so it actually looks like a frame -- so I'll be cutting those strips today -- and these will be different from my usual bias because the wood grain pattern of the fabric runs with the grain so is not conducive to my doing bias binding -- this should be interesting


the first zucchini and rhubarb from the garden

the rhubarb is a little scrawny, but given that the plant was buried under the now well trimmed pine tree, it's amazing there is any of it at all -- the DH has promised to make a strawberry rhubarb pie -- yum

and these are pretty good looking zucchini -- if we aren't having more monsoon rain this evening they may get grilled -- otherwise they'll either get eaten in salad or sauteed with a little garlic and olive oil -- any way we do it, I'm sure they'll be tasty!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Beautiful.