Sunday, October 30, 2011

frozen in time

the last rose of summer

the snow on Wednesday froze it

this morning I decided to take some photos of it -- maybe I'll use them for something artful in the future

I have several CDs with this kind of pictures burned on them for future inspiration -- it's where a lot of the images I use in quilts come from





work time in the studio yesterday was pretty productive

here's the beginning of the lap quilt for my dad

next step here is to press these pieces and set them together with more of the stripe fabric





and here are two of the three charity quilts after the first step of the stitching process

these get pressed and re cut

because I'm making the third charity quilt out of the scraps from these two I can't start it until these two are finished

perhaps in a couple of days


in addition to those quilting projects, the blanket sleeper is nearly complete! I hope to get it finished today

I started this project last night -- another hat

I'm using a different pattern this time, the whole point of this one is the color and the style, not for warmth, so it will be a bit different from the last hat

looking good


today I have to make one last trip to the TriLakes Art Center to pick up the art work that has been on display there

then hopefully some studio time

No comments: