Wednesday, October 19, 2011

tomatoes, four seasons and disappointment

the last two nights the temperature has dipped below freezing

but it's still tomato season inside

we put up these tomatoes yesterday afternoon -- using up the very last miscellaneous pint size jars we had in the house -- and still had to use a quart jar too

there are still three boxes of tomatoes ripening, so there will be more canning in the next couple of weeks

probably tomato sauce which could be put up in half pint jars or tomato juice which can be put up in quarts

its been a really good tomato season here -- there will be lots of soup and pasta sauce this winter

work has finally begun on the FOUR challenge

yesterday afternoon I cut the background fabrics and cut and stitched each of the hills

so now it's on to the trees -- which will definitely take more than one afternoon to do!

yesterday I had planned to do some stamps with the new Great Ape stamp -- except the glue to the plastic grip had not really stuck well

so I added more glue and let it sit over night

this morning I discovered that the stamp now has a long crack that nearly separates the back leg from the rest of the stamp

this is not a good thing -- I'm not sure if I can repair this, and even if I do I'm pretty sure the mark will still show when the stamp is used -- an unexpected design opportunity here

today I'll be going to look at the space in two libraries where I'll be hanging solo shows for November and December -- a new experience awaits!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh, those clouds against the blue made me instantly think how perfect for Colorado! I can't wait to see how this one comes out!

(Okay, too funny: my word verification? snoness. Yup, that's Colorado!)