Monday, October 31, 2011

Treats and Tricks

TREAT: the sleeper for Mr Cute is complete

I'll be sending this off this week so his mom can let me know how it fits before I cut out another one (which I've already got the fabric for)

despite the fact that it's been quite a while since I was sewing clothing for a small child, it didn't take me long to remember that sometimes the order the pattern instructions tell you to do things in is not the most effective way

I remembered my shortcuts!

TREAT: next step of the quilt for my dad

these stripes are pretty intense, so working on this a little at a time is a good thing!

next step is strips down the side of the stripe stuff




TREAT: step two of the first two charity quilts is done

so now these are ready for the borders to be applied








TREAT: the third panel of the Four Seasons project now has branches on the tree

looking good!

now on to the winter panel





TREAT: the yellow hat is rolling right along

I really like the texture this pattern creates

I might use the idea for another project

this item should be done in a couple of days







TRICK: tried putting bezels around the tri-leaf piece in the center of this piece

it just covers up too much of the leaves

so this piece is on hold until I can figure out how to do something different on that

and given that this was something that was for a challenge that has a deadline, if I don't figure this out pretty quickly, it will probably be torn apart so I can use the pieces for something else

TRICK: it's been quite a month for things to break at our house -- the dryer (which has now been repaired); the van (which has also now been repaired) -- and on Saturday the refrigerator started sounding like the motor on the African Queen -- the repair man will be here tomorrow afternoon to let me know if it's worth repairing or if I'll be out trying to figure out how to afford replacing it


the Wicked Witch (and all her winged monkeys) here at Esmerldas Studio wishes you a Happy and Safe Halloween -- don't eat too much candy, and stay out of the street!!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh cool, is that you? Love it! As I ooh and aah over all the projects, too.