Thursday, October 13, 2011

something from the garage workshop

many years ago (I'm not sure exactly how many because these came with us when we moved here almost 10 years ago) a dear friend gave me these pieces of wood yard art

over the years some of the leaves had cracked and all of the paint had faded

the past month or so the DH has been working on "restoring" these to their former glory

He cut some new leaves to replace the broken ones, repainted everything and then gave them all a coat of marine varnish which should help protect them from the weather

yesterday he reinstalled them in back yard where I can see them from my kitchen window as I'm standing at the sink

very nice!
progress is being made on this cuff bracelet

yesterday I did the first of the feather patterning

working on this is very much like doodling with a needle and thread and beads

it was hard to put it down last night to get some other things done!

we're in that transition time from summer towards winter -- the portable swampy cooler has been drained and stored in the shed, and the space heater and humidifier have been cleaned and put in place in the family room where we spend our evenings --

today I will be spending some time in the studio preparing for the demonstrations I'll be doing on Saturday at the Tri Lakes Art Show -- I've had a hard time getting my head focused on this project until today, but this morning I'm feeling better about it, so I'm hoping it will come together without much stress

time to get to it!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I love how creative and handy you both are together. You do nice work. Have fun playing!