Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Passages

yesterday afternoon I took this picture of the passage way that runs between the neighbor's fence and our storage shed just outside the garage door

during the summer the DH built the gate so we can keep the dog in the yard when we have the big front gate open

yup, yesterday it was fall

this morning everything is covered with snow

winter arrived over night -- but it probably won't last long -- back into the 60s is forecast in a couple of days


rescue work on the great ape piece continues

added some more to the foliage around him

now its ready for some thread and bead embellishment



and since I had the paints out I decided I might as well stamp the other animal that I hadn't done yet even though the stamp has been done for a long time (I actually used this stamp for my Christmas cards last year)

this is one that gets lots of additions with the markers after the first stamping

perhaps today



the package with the stamp cutting materials arrived yesterday

3 big sheets of nice material for the cutting of lots more stamps

now I can work on some drawings for the rhino - and maybe a hornbill

cool, very cool!




after the big leaves were all surrounded with beads the stitching of the background has been begun

just a little bit along the bottom edge

filling the background will take a while




and the next panel in the Four challenge has one and a half tree limb stitched down


a lot of work got done in the studio while I was waiting for the mechanic to call and tell me the van's work was done




yesterday afternoon as I was talking to my daughter she told me that Mr Cute is in need of a new hat

this picture, taken in March, shows him wearing the first hat I knit for him

he's grown a lot in seven months

fortunately, the pattern has several sizes -- last night I started a new one

these don't take a lot of time to knit, so I should be able to get it done pretty quickly

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

He's so cute!!!