Thursday, October 27, 2011

progress on all fronts

yesterday my morning began with my daughter calling me to let me know she and Mr Cute were having a snow day -- since she lives at the north end of the state, they got hit with the snow long before we did and the school district she works for called off school --

at my end of the state, however, we were able to make our monthly run to Costco before the heavy snow set in
I spent the afternoon working on projects

the detailing on the lion is complete -- at least the detailing that I'll be doing with the markers

so now it's on to the beading and other stitching on him and the other panels that have already been stamped and painted

I really need to get a handle on just how many more animals I'm going to put in this piece -- which means I need to figure out what the "big picture" looks like --- heh, right --- this is the hard part because so much of my work is a "happening" as I go along ---

the fill work on this piece is coming along nicely

it takes lots of time to do this part, but so far I've not hit the "are we done yet" feeling in the slogging along

yesterday the DH asked me if I was sure I had enough beads to do all of the fill on this since I didn't order any new things to do this

I'm pretty sure I do

uh, I hope I do

think positive and bead faster!


half of the trees have branches!

similar, but not identical

looking very good

so now it's on to the third panel







the hat for Mr Cute is progressing

this pattern calls for 20 rows of ribbing then a straight knit row and 7 more rows of ribbing

last night I finished the 20th row of rib

looking very nice and moving along nicely

meantime I have a new pair of "secret" projects to work on --

I know, I know, don't I have enough projects already?

well, apparently not, because these two just must be done -- I'll show them to you eventually!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

So do you ever combine passions and do beaded knitting?